Scanning a document into a pdf is very simple with today’s technology. Even the technology challenge can scan a document into a pdf format in no time. You can also email your pdf file if you need to. This method only takes a few steps and before you know it you have your pdf file instantly and ready to be emailed in minutes.
- You need a printer with the SCAN function capability or a scanner.
- You must download ADOBE Reader which is free software. This software does upgrade to a new version often. You may want to upgrade your version of the software but you are not required to do so.
- Place the document you wish to scan on the glass surface face down. Make sure the surface is clean from any particles because it will pick up any debris.
- Some printers give the option of selecting a format to scan your document in (e.g. PDF, JPEG, etc.) Since we are doing a pdf file this would be your option.
- Some printers also allow you to name your file before scanning your document but you can also do this once the document has been converted into a pdf file. You simply right click on the name of the document and select rename to make the changes. You can also go to file and select rename as well.
- Once the document has been scanned to your computer a folder is automatically set up for you named My Scans. Anything you scan should automatically go into this folder unless you change it.
- Emailing is simply. Once the file is scanned, saved and renamed to your liking, you simple go to your email account and prepare an email to whomever you are sending the document to. Attach the document and send it off.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.